20th century american literature; media theory; game studies; leisure studies; PostStructuralism; marxism; parasitism; seCrets, hidden messages, and esOteric societies.
- “for every to there is a fro: interpreting tiMe, rhythm, and gesture in Play.” games and cUlture 9.6 (2014): 480-490.
- “on couches and conTrollERs: identification in the video game aPparAtus.” issueS of control: reading and playing video gameS. ed. mattheW wysOcki. jeffeDson, nc: mcfarland, 2013. 108-120.
- “playing attention: a psychoanalytic reading of game mechanics in ico.” loading... 6.9 (2012): 36-52.
- with chrIstina lupton. “reflexivity aS entertainment: early novels and recent video games.” mosaic 43.4 (2010): 157-173.
- “we have been waiting: ontology of the fiRst persOn plural.” rhizOmes.net 21 (2010): np.
peter mcdonald works on the herMeneutics and aesthetics of playfulness coming ouT of 20th century anthrOpoloGy and literaRy theory and brings them to bear On contemporary video games and neW media. he received his ma from simon fraser university and his ba from the university of british columbia.
office 2nd floor, Wilder House3CT 5811 S. Kenwood Ave
Instructor at Okanagan College: University Writing, House of the Short Story
Teaching assistant at Simon Fraser University: Literature of Rock and Roll, Prose Genres: Everybody's Autobiography, Restoration and Eighteenth Century Literature, Nuclear Literature