Forms ♦ Email Lists & Communications ♦ Programs within the Department ♦ Academic Resources ♦ Health Resources ♦ Affiliated Departments & Programs ♦ Area and International Studies ♦ Arts, Culture, and Interdisciplinary Studies ♦ Community ♦ Career Advancement
- English Requirements Worksheet
- Student Petition Form
- BA Project Completion Form
- Cluster Worksheet
- Critical BA Proposal Form
- Creative BA Proposal Form
- Computer Science Intent Form
- firstname.lastname@example.org: For updates on departmental deadlines, courses, requirements, etc.
- email@example.com: For updates on events, jobs and internships, and other opportunities of interest to English majors/minors.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: For English majors considering a creative BA and English and Creative Writing minors
- English undergraduate Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/englishuchicago/
- University of Chicago Library Resources (by subject)
- List of Centers Associated with the Humanities Division
- Writing Tutors
- College Student Web Portal
- Academic Calendar
- Department of Comparative Literature
- Department of Philosophy
- Cinema and Media Studies
- Divinity School
- Department of Art History
- Program in Medieval Studies
- Karla Scherer Center for American Studies
- Nicholson Center for British Studies
- Center for East Asian Studies
- Center for East European and Russian/Eurasian Studies
- Center for International Studies
- Center for Latin American Studies
- Center for Middle Eastern Studies
- Center for the Study of Race, Politics, and Culture
- France Chicago Center
- Katz Center for Mexican Studies
- South Asian Language and Area Center
- Martin Marty Center for the Advanced Study of Religion
- Center for the Art of East Asia
- Cultural Policy Center
- The Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality
- Center for the Study of Languages
- Film Studies Center
- Center for Italian Opera Studies (CIAO)
- David and Alfred Smart Museum of Art
- Center for Disciplinary Innovation
- Human Rights Program
Past Autumn Quarter Events
The English Department Presents: A Special Halloween Screening of Candyman! A Chicago graduate student researching the possible connection between urban legends and recent murders discovers more than she could have ever imagined when she is confronted by the tragic, vengeful spirit of a slain artist. Professor Adrienne Brown will lead a brief, informal discussion after the movie and there will be free snacks and plenty of candy (of course). Join us for the screening on October 31 in Rosenwald 011 at 6PM!
The English Department, in partnership with Professor Deborah Nelson's Nuclear Age course, presents a screening of the Kubrick classic, Dr. Strangelove! Professor Nelson will open the event with a few brief remarks and there will be free snacks and drinks. Join us for the screening on October 20th from 3.00-5.00 in Rosenwald 011!
Jumpstart Information Session: Jumpstart, a partner organization of UChicago's Neighborhood Schools Program, is a national organization that trains college students to implement a literacy curriculum to preschool students. Students are also able to work additional hours providing classroom assistance to teachers. Positions are either paid or volunteer, and are work-study eligible. SSA alum and Jumpstart Coordinator Casey Barr will host an information session for any and all interested students on Tuesday, November 7 at 5pm in Rosenwald 405.
Check out the Departmental Calendar for a full list of upcoming events.