Eric Powell was born in Los Alamos, NM, in 1985. He moved with his family to Tennessee in 1993, and went to Middle Tennessee State University for his B.A (2009). He received his M.A. from the University of Chicago in 2011, then taught briefly at Murray State University in Kentucky before returning to Chicago for Ph.D. program in English in 2012.
- "The Poetry of Uncertainty," review of Adam Zagajewski's Unseen Handand A Defense of Ardor: Essays, Notre Dame Review, Number 38, Summer/Fall, 2014.
- Review of Redell Olsen's Punk Faun, Chicago Review, Vol. 58, No. 3/4, Summer 2014.
- Review of Frederick Seidel's Nice Weather, Chicago Review, Vol. 59, No. 1/2, Fall 2014/Winter 2015.
- "Iconicity, the Phonemic Unconscious, and the Music of Poetry," Thinking Verse, Vol 5: Intonation (2015)
- "A Brief History of the English Department at the University of Chicago," September 2014.
Co-coordinator of the Poetry and Poetics Workshop.
- I will be teaching a lecture course in the Winter Quarter, titled "Radical Romanticism: Poetry, Piracy, Pornography"
- Course Assistant, Shakespeare I: Histories and Comedies, The University of Chicago, Winter Quarter, 2016.
- Course Assistant, History of the Novel, The University of Chicago, Fall Quarter, 2015.
- Course Assistant, Introduction to Poetry, The University of Chicago, Fall Quarter, 2014.
- Adjunct Professor, Murray State University, 2011-2012