Nineteenth-Century American Literature; Twentieth-Century American Literature
- "The Rapper Laughs, Herself: Nicki Minaj's Sonic Disturbances," Feminist Media Studies, forthcoming.
- Freedom, Resistance, and the Journey Toward Equality, permanent exhibit for the DuSable Museum of African American History.
- "We Real Cool." The New Inquiry, 2015.
- "The Hypocrisy of Revitalization: Universities in Black Communities." The Atlantic, 2014.
- "Memes and Misogynoir." The Awl, 2014.
Lauren M. Jackson received her BA with distinction in English from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign in 2013. Current work includes interests in Black vernacular, sound, and linguistic diffusion in 19th-20th C American literature and popular music, and 21st C digital mediums.
Course Assistant for “Shakespeare I: Histories & Comedies” (2016), “Introduction to Fiction” (2016)